Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Bucket List: #7. Check.

#7.  Give a gift / toy to a child in need

Although the twinsies are still a little young to understand everything going on around Christmas, I definitely want to try and drive home the real meaning and spirit of Christmas.  We have been talking about the birth of Jesus at home and we read a book each night about baby Jesus.  I also want to teach them about giving gifts (instead of just receiving).  So this year, I decided we would give toys to Toys for Tots.  We went to Toys R Us this past weekend to drop them off.  I wasn't sure how they were going to do.  I mean they are only (almost) 2 years old, so I can't expect them to want to give away a toy.  But, I'm excited to say, that they did SO great.  Not one fit or cry about it.  They were happy to toss their little donations in the bin and walk away. Yay, Bambinos!

Heading to drop off!



Look at that smile!  Good job, buddy!

Good job, Princess!

Proud Mommy.

Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment