Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Bucket List: #6. Check.

#6.  Make / decorate a Gingerbread house

While I may like to try my hand at new recipes and crafts from time to time, I was not inspired to take on the challenge of making Gingerbread this year.  I have never attempted it, but it seemed very effort-y.  Which I wasn't really up for.  So, I bought a Gingerbread house kit from Sams and it came with all the necessary pieces of the house along with icing and candy for decorations.  The kids were mainly interested in eating the icing instead of decorating.  That's not just my kids, though, right?

Anyhoodle, here's how it went down.

 Ready to decorate!  (or eat cookies and icing.  same thing)

Daddy working hard on making the windows and doors out of fondant.

Got it together and making the final touches of snow. 
  



The finished house!  (back door)

front door




Have any of you made your own gingerbread dough and made the house completely from scratch???  If so, how was it?????

Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment