Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sista, Sista

I've made brief mentions of my sisters in previous blogs, but I feel as if I should dedicate a whole blog to them. :)  I have one older sister, Ashley, and one younger sister, Anna Kate.  Ash is 6 years older than me, while AK is 20 years younger.  Quite the gap, but that's our life and we like it that way.

Tailgating for an LSU game

Being 6 years older than me, Ashley (also known as Ash or Big Sis) paved the way as my example and was often a caretaker for me.  More often than not, she would be the one to help cook, clean, and fix my hair.  And at the young age of 13, she was also driving me to dance class.  No joke.  (Small Town Pro #1:  The Sheriff is a close friend and turns a blind eye when he sees a short someone driving my dad's truck).  I often nosied my way into her room when she had girlfriends over, much to her annoyance I'm sure, but she let me do it anyway.   At times, I was a third wheel on dates with her boyfriend, but she never made me feel like the third wheel or that she was annoyed that I was (yet again) tagging along.  And I'm positive that can't have been the case where high school romances are concerned.  I can remember thinking when I was younger that 6 years was a large time difference and that Ashley seemed WAY much older than me.  But when I think about it now, 6  years really isn't that big of a difference.  I mean, she wasn't even in high school yet when she started carting me around!  And I suppose a lot of that has to do with her maturity factor.  She's always been mature, had a good head on her shoulders, followed the rules, etc... that sort of thing.  And I guess I have her to thank for setting that example for me.  Not that I always followed the rules, but let's be honest... I was a pretty good kid.  I made good grades and stayed out of trouble.  Thanks, Ashley, for doing everything that you did for me and continue to do, even though I know it must have been hard on you as a kid yourself, trying to set an example for a kid.

Tailgating for... you guessed it.. an LSU game

People often ask me if it's weird having a sister 20 years younger than me.  It may be a little unconventional, but I wouldn't say weird.  Anna Kate (also known as AK or Sissy) was born in August of 2003 and has been been a little firecracker since that day. (Not exactly unlike her two older siblings.)  :)  It's truly hard to believe that she is now 8 years old and in 3rd grade.  She's a loud talker, like any Scriber should be, and pretty much looks exactly like I did at her age.  Which is wild.  Dad calls her "Erin" on most days, just like he used to call me "Ashley".  :)  She is starting to show lots of interest in the outdoors and Dad has even taken her hunting a few times; I hope she wants to stick with it.  She has a helping heart and looooooves babies.  Thanks, Anna Kate for always making me smile.  I hope you know that I will always be here for you.  :)

Here's some "Sista, Sista" love for ya
Anna Kate getting ready for my wedding.  She was only 2 years old.
Tailgating, yet again...

At cousin MB's wedding.

 
Ashley came for a visit home just a few months after her twin boys were born.  We had a crawfish boil with friends and fam. 

My all time fav pic of the 3 of us.  In LSU gear, of course.

Christmas in Ruston.  We like to act silly together.

Told you we like to act silly.  A visit to Cali to see Big Sis.

Me=pregnant with twins.  Just before my family baby shower.

Siblings are the best!  Don't have a sister?  That's too bad.  Only have a brother?  I can't help ya.  Only child?  God Bless...

Much love for my sistas,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment