Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Farewell, Harry!

Well, Harry… you did NOT disappoint.  The final movie in the Harry Potter installment was nothing short of awesome.  The hubs and I went and saw it on Saturday morning at 10:50 in IMAX 3D with another couple.  And yes, I had popcorn at 10am.  Don’t judge.  I also brought my own canned Diet Coke and M&Ms from the gas station.  I’m cheap.  Don’t judge.  We arrived a little early to get good seats.  But by show time, the theatre was packed.  I’m gonna go ahead and throw out a SPOILER ALERT here.  If you don’t want to know what happened, then don’t read further.  Although I can’t see how you don’t know what happens in the end unless you have been living under a rock and don’t watch a lick of TV.
The movie picked up right where Deathly Hallows, Part One  left off.  The majority of the movie is set at Hogwarts with a classic good vs. evil battle.  It had pretty much everything you could want in a movie:  action, drama, humor, romance, tragedy.  And finally… Victory!   And can I just say in regards to Hermione and Ron’s first kiss:  It’s about time?!  Last week I was telling a coworker that I was going to see it and he asked, “Do you know what happens?”  I said, “Yes, of course!  I’ve only read the book like 10 times!”   The movie did a great job of wrapping up all loose ends and following the book as precisely as possible in a movie.   This was by far the best movie of the bunch.  It’s kind of bittersweet that there will be no more Harry Potter.  But then again, I knew it was coming to an end, didn’t I???  I mean I read the Deathly Hallows 4 years ago so I knew it was ending, right???  At least I still have The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to visit.  I can’t wait to taste a butterbeer.

Here are a few images from the film:

Harry vs. Lord Voldemort
Lord Voldemort and his followers, Death Eaters (bad guys)
Ron and Hermione fighting against Death Eaters
Ginny, Harry's love.  Whom he ends up marrying, by the way.  She is also the sister of Harry's bestie, Ron.
Professor Severus Snape who has brilliantly been a bad guy, but actually turned out to be a good guy.
Bye bye Harry, Hermione, and Ron.  :(
My butterbeer awaits...

Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment