Monday, May 7, 2012

The BEST kind of surprise!

Back in the end of March, we were able to skype with my Big Sis and her fam. I thought it was just a normal type of skype, but alas, no.  They called us to tell us they are PREGNANT!!!  Best.News.Ever.  Words can't even BEGIN to describe the elation of this news.  After having twin boys, who were born in November of 2007, they weren't sure for a while if they were going to have anymore children. But after a few years, decided that they thought they were done and would not have anymore children.  But, God had other plans.  I know it surprised their little family-of-four world to find out they were pregnant, but it was definitely the best kind of surprise.  I literally could not be more excited for them.  AND excited for me.  I mean, I get to be an aunt.  Again.  What's not to love?  Oh, and they found out last week that they are having a GIRL!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to spoil the bows of that sweet little bootie!!!!

Since finding out that they're having a girl, I've been thinking about all of my wisdom and advice that I will need to depart on her.  And then I figured, well I have wisdom and advice to depart on my nephews, too, and I don't want them to be left out.  So I'm going to start writing letters to them via blog, here.  One edition titled "JJ's Letters" for my nephews, and another edition for my niece once she is here and has a name.  And separate because, let's face it, boys and girls are majorly different. And while I don't know what it's like to actually BE a boy, I still have plenty of advice fer them. Or at least witty banter.  (That counts, right?)
Tune in soon, for my first ever "JJ's Letters" to see what witty wisdom I have for my favorite little boys on Earth.

Much love,
E

1 comment:

  1. Love the Hollis family and are so excited for them! Can't wait to read your words of wisdom, although I don't have children of my own :-) What a great idea and blessing this will be for Ashley, David and the kids!

    ReplyDelete