Friday, November 11, 2011

Tapping into Creativity

I have always been fairly creative.  Growing up I was a fan of crafts and projects, and school work that involved colorful paper, glue, and glitter had me reeling with excitement.  My mom was/is a sewer and I learned that too along the way (although my skillz are fairly limited these days).  And then came along a thing called Pinterest.  You can imagine my excitement.  Oh, the ideas.  Oh, the creativity.  Oh, the possibilities!  I've gotten some really cute ideas for some holiday crafts that I could easily (and cheaply) do.  

My kids are getting to the age where they would probably enjoy getting glittery with me.  However, it's really hard to make time to do these fun little things with them when I'm a full-time working mommy.  And sometimes... that makes me really sad.  [Cue sad music and whiny voice...]  It's not that I don't have a choice to be a stay-at-home mom.  I do.  I just choose to work because well, I do enjoy working (most days).  And at this point in my life, I'm not sure God made me to be a SAHM.  I thrive on the workplace deadlines, the accomplishment of responsibilities, and the working relationships that I've developed.  But then I read all these other blogs about how some of you SAHMs did these cute little crafts with your little ones today and took them to the zoo while all of us suckers are still at work, and it makes me sad.  That makes me wish I had more time to do those fun things with them... [Cut sad music and whiny voice...]  Ok, I'm done being all sad now...

Anyhoodle, I am going to do some holiday crafts with my kiddies, I'm just going to have to do it on nights or weekends.  One of the things I want to do is a "Thanks Jar" where we can write down things we are thankful for and put them in a jar.  It should be fun as the kids get older and as we (try) to teach them about being thankful for everything they have.  

I also thought that this might be a fun thing for the bambinos to experiment with paint.  Let me just say... letting my kids paint is a HUGE DEAL FOR ME.  The inevitable mess that will come along with this project STRESSES ME OUT beyond imagination.  But as long as I can keep the paint off my dining room table and my hardwood floors, I should count it as a successful project right??


I'll let you know how my projects go.  Hopefully my table and floors stay in tact and that a midst everything, I stay focused on the fact that there is much to be thankful for.  Like the fact that I even have food to put on my clean dining room table...

Much love,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment