Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Before having kids I had never even attempted to carve a pumpkin.  But I think once you have kids, Pumpkin Carving is on some mandatory bucket list for the holidays, just like taking your kids to see Santa.  Last year we bought a pumpkin carving set and guide and Hubs did a nice job of carving up something.  This year, I wanted to do something different.   The LSU-Alabama football game is this coming weekend and it's being called "the game of the century."  Everyone all over the Sports Universe is talking about this game.  It's #1 LSU vs. #2 Alabama.  Epic.  So instead of the traditional jack-o-lantern this year, we stayed true to our family values and carved a BEAT BAMA jack-o-lantern.

And I did NOT buy this pumpkin at the pumpkin patch.  Why?  Because I'm cheap.  And the same pumpkin at Wal-Mart costs 75% less.  In case you're thinking that I cheated on the holiday bucket list, we did get them mini-pumpkins at the patch that were 50 cents each. I'm not that cheap.

ready to carve


arm getting tired

snacking while Mommy carves

Done carving!  And look at their cute mini pumpkins that I decorated with a Sharpie.  :)


It looks great on our doorstep!

Except now it's withering away and I should probably throw it out before the neighbors complain to the HOA about the smell.

Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment