Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Butter Makes Everything Better

Ain't that the truth?  Anything you cook with a stick of butter is bound to be tasty.  I know I've been posting quite a few recipes lately.  Sorry if it's not the material you're looking for, but hey, it's my blog and I'll post what I want.  ;)  And give me a break... NaBloPoMo is sucking all the material out of me...

Anyhoodle, we had a "Thanksgathering" at church on Sunday evening with our Sunday School class and I made a corn casserole for it.  I also brought the dish to my office's Thanksgiving lunch meal yesterday and it was eaten up.  It's perfect for you peeps out there that are forced to bring something to your family holiday dinners, but may be short on time and/or talent.  :) And it's uber tasty.  (See above in regard to lots of butter...)

Here's what you'll need:
1 can of cream corn, undrained
1 can of regular corn, drained
1 8 oz. box of Jiffy cornbread mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter

Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.  Pour mixture into a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.  Enjoy!


Much love,
E

1 comment:

  1. You can also add some jalepenos to make it evem more tasty :)

    ReplyDelete