Friday, June 24, 2011

The Bucket List



The Lord really knew what he was doing when he made this world, huh?  There is SO much to do and see on this Earth!  It still boggles my mind to think that God knows every detail of this massive Earth.  [Duh, he created it, E.]  It's still baffling, though.  He made this world beautiful and he has made so many things for us to see.  I want to see it all!  Or at least as much as humanly possible before He decides my time is up.  I've had a list going in my head for quite some time of stuff I wanted to experience/see/do before I die.
I present:  my Bucket List! Side note:  there are some things I've already done that are not on this list.  I figured it best to move forward.  :)


  • Visit all 50 US states.  RULES:  must have spent at least one entire day in the state.  Passing through the state in a car, boat, plane or train doesn't count.  The ones completed are highlighted in green.   Many of these, I would love to visit again.  28 states left on the list!  From the looks of things, I really need to spend some time in the Northwest, Midwest, and Northeast.
    • Alabama
    • Alaska
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • California
    • Colorado
    • Connecticut
    • Delaware
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Hawaii
    • Idaho
    • Illinios - although I haven't been to Chicago yet, so I have to go back
    • Indiana
    • Iowa
    • Kansas - soon be be completed.
    • Kentucky
    • Louisiana
    • Maine
    • Maryland
    • Massachusetts
    • Michigan
    • Minnesota
    • Mississippi
    • Missouri
    • Montana
    • Nebraska
    • Nevada
    • New Hampshire
    • New Jersey
    • New York
    • North Carolina
    • North Dakota
    • Ohio
    • Oklahoma
    • Oregon
    • Pennsylvania
    • Rhode Island
    • South Carolina
    • South Dakota
    • Tennessee
    • Texas
    • Utah
    • Vermont
    • Virginia
    • Washington
    • West Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Wyoming


  • Live in Manhattan (again).  I lived there for a summer while interning during college.  I seriously want to move back there, even if for a short while.  I’m not really sure how it’s going to happen, but ya never know what the Lord’s plan is!

  • Sky Dive over the Swiss alps

  • Take ballroom dancing lessons.  (I also wouldn't mind having Kym Johnson's body.  But I don't think there is a lifetime long enough for me to look like that)

  • Learn to play the guitar.  (and Hey, everyone needs a little sparkle in their life.)

  • Go scuba diving

  • Learn to play golf.  Note to self:  buy cute litte pink golf balls.

  • Travel the world.  I mean this as literally as possible.  I would love to be able to visit as many countries as humanly possible in my life.  Below are a few stops that I definitely want to make it to.  They not necessarily listed in order of preference.  But really, I just want to go anywhere and everywhere!
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Beliz
    • Greece/Mikonos Islands
    • Spain
    • Dubai
    • Tahiti/Bora Bora
    • China
    • Seychelles
    • England/London
    • Israel
    • Brazil
    • The Maldives Islands
    • Cuba – if ever allowed to and if it is safe for me to do so
    • Egypt
    • South Africa
    • Canada
  • Visit all SEC stadiums for an LSU football game.  The ones in green are complete.
    • Alabama:  Bryant Denny Stadium - Tuscaloosa, AL
    • Arkansas: War Memorial Stadium - Little Rock, AR -  This is the stadium that LSU/AR always plays at, and not in Fayetteville where the school is located.
    • Auburn: Jordan Hare Stadium - Auburn, AL
    • Florida: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium / "The Swamp" - Gainesville, FL
    • Georgia:  Sanford Stadium - Athens, GA
    • Kentucky:  Commonwealth Stadium - Lexington, KY
    • LSU:  Tiger Stadium /  "Death Valley" - Baton Rouge, LA -  done and done!
    • Mississippi State:  Davis Wade Stadium - Starkville, MS
    • Ole Miss:  Vaught Hemingway Stadium - Oxford, MS
    • South Carolina:  Williams Brice Stadium - Columbia, SC
    • Tennessee:  Neyland Stadium - Knoxville, TN
    • Vanderbilt:  Vanderbilt Stadium - Nashville, TN
  • Run a half marathon. (Maybe one day a full marathon, but right now it just seems crazy and unnatural for your body to run 26.2 miles.)  This would be me.  Curled up in a ball on the ground, crying, asking myself why I'm doing this terrible thing.
  • Learn Spanish fluently.  I know the basics, but I need to learn way more!

    This list is definitely not all encompassing as I think of new things all the time that I want to do.  I'll keep ya updated!
Much love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment